Life Plan Instructions ©
Seven steps to Godly alignment ©
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.”
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.
In these tough economic times, we have to really trust in the Lord. Just like a car that needs to have the front wheels aligned, we need to align our lives with God and with each other. If one wheel is pulling one way and the other, another way, we are going to rip the treads off the tires. Here are seven steps I might suggest for Godly alignment
1) Spend at least twenty minutes (or more) writing everything you would like to do in your life. Do not let money, situation or geographical location be a block. In fact there should be no blocks. Just write everything you would like to do! This list can be added to or taken away from and is totally malleable, flexible and pliable. If you are married, spend time with your spouse, writing but not telling each other what is on your list …yet.
2) Spend some time picking out the top five and put them in order of priority.
3) If you are married go over the list together. See where the threads connect; have fun.
4) Now elevate your lists and pray. “Lord, this is what I/we would like to do, what would you like to bless? I align myself with you, knowing that you have given me the gift of free will. Into your hands I commend my life as “I try less and trust more” in you. I stand on your word in Jeremiah 29:11-14 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you.”
5) Fold your “Life Plan©” and place it in your bible. Leave it with the Lord.
6) Be proactive in your life journey and do not let others hinder you or put you down. It is important to share your life plan with your spouse. I would not suggest sharing it with others. Just with your spouse and with God.
7) Do not sit back and expect your top five to land in your lap. Live your life. Christ died that we might live and have life abundant. LIVE YOUR LIFE to the fullest, be proactive.
God bless you, Fr. Nigel+
The Rev. Nigel Mumford
© Copyright 2010 Nigel W.D. Mumford